Mary Grainger Blount’s Grave Marked by DAR

The Mary Blount Chapter of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution placed a DAR historical marker on the grave of Mary Grainger Blount on May 22, 2011.

Mary, wife of William Blount, who was appointed governor of the Territory South of the River Ohio by President George Washington in 1790, is buried next to her husband in the First Presbyterian Church graveyard in Knoxville.

Read the full story and view the photo here.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

All donated content on this site is the copyrighted property of its owner(s).

Links to external sites are provided for information only. By providing links to external sites, Grainger County TNGenWeb does not endorse any entities or take responsibility for the content or availability of any pages not located on this Web site.

Panorama Theme by Themocracy

Site last updated July 13, 2017 @ 8:26 pm; This content last updated May 25, 2011 @ 12:27 am